What a fortnight it has been! We were guests on the Dose Of Pharma vodcast, a student-run podcast by uni students of B. PharmSci (Monash Uni) - the exact same course that both of us completed which was why it was so special for us to come onto the podcast and share our journey and advice to students whose shoes we have been in before! It was refreshing to reconnect to our roots and reflect back on what life as an innocent graduate was like and what we would have told our graduate-selves. If you haven't watched the episode yet, you can check it out on their YouTube or Spotify. It's definitely worth a listen, especially if you're a student yourself wanting to start your own little gig or just need some advice on where to begin once you graduate!
Ok now let's talk about the elephant in the room... WE TURNED ONE!!!
Yes, it was our first birthday on Tuesday. A whole bloody year since we launched our website - how has it been a year?!?! We're not crying you are!
If you haven't entered yet and would like to, just click here and follow the instructions in the caption. Get in quick because the comp closes on Monday 19/07 at 12PM!!
our latest obsession
It's another winter beauty product recco... LANOLIPS 101 OINTMENT - SAY LESS!
We know, we don't even stock this product on our website.
I mean, let us know if you would want to see it on our website and we may be able to make that happen.. 👀
But currently, you can buy this baby from MECCA, Adore Beauty and Priceline. Basically everywhere that Aussie beauty lovers buy from these days. But boooy she's good and has been such a life saviour this winter - dare we say, more than Papaw.
Hear us out. Let's do a little comparison.
Lucas' Papaw Ointment:
- Contains 3 ingredients - Pharmaceutical Grade Petroleum Jelly as the base, Fresh Fermented Fruit, and a sprinkle of Gum Balsam Peru (perfume).
- Can be used literally anywhere for anything (minor open wounds, rashes, insect bites, chapped skin).
- Comes in different sizes (two tube sizes and a tub).
Lanolips 101 Ointment:
- Contains just 2 ingredients - Lanolin (ultra medical grade) and Lanolin Oil (naturally derived).
- Can also be used literally anywhere for anything. It's called a multi-purpose balm for a reason.
- A much more dense formula than Papaw Ointment, like a super thick gel.
- Comes in two tube sizes.
All in all, we think that Lanolips 101 gets our vote here because not only is it 100% natural, but the hydration that it gives is more long-lasting than good ol' Papaw. It probably has to do with how thick the product is, making it more occlusive and effective at looking in moisture for a longer period of time. Don't get us wrong, Papaw was and probably is the GOAT for for many people, it's not like we're going to stop using it. But lately, Lanolips 101 has been all that we're reaching for this season to keep the lips protected and hydrated all day and night!
our splendrous tips of the trade
Do you use mascara frequently? Do you have naturally super straight lashes and NEED to use a curler to achieve that perky look? Are you lazy like Este but want curled lashes without reaching for the curler?
Hello friend, you've come to the right place! If you haven't already seen it, Este showed us her method of curling her natural lashes without using the curler at all in our latest YouTube video. All you need is... Mascara! Well, two of them. You can watch the video here. But if you're lazy and would rather us give you the tea right here right now, we got you!
1. You'll need two mascaras. One new-ish and one old/used up mascara with hardly any product in it. Our go-to mascara of all time is L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara in Carbon Black #chefskiss. Now take the new-ish mascara and give your lashes a good coating.
2. While your lashes are still tacky and not dried up yet, take the old mascara wand and give your lashes a brush-through, but also use it as a curler by lifting up and holding your lashes for a good 20 seconds. Repeat this until your lashes actually hold their curl.
That is literally it!! Try it out and let us know how you go. Or if you have another mascara trick, share with us what it is!
Thank you thank you thank you if you've made it this far! We appreciate you and hope this made you smile today. We would also appreciate you more if you would be kind enough to share your thoughts on this blog and/or our brand by leaving a comment below. Or if you've tried any of the products from our store, we'd love if you could share your experience by leaving a review on our website! Until next time,