Hi again! As we are now enter our 4th week of Melbs Lockdown 6.0, not much has changed to be completely honest. We are still WFH and still haven't been able to see each other to create content *cries* but we've been able to make it work! This week's YT video is going to be our first virtual one where we literally had to FaceTime each other to film a video for y'all. NGL we did have some technical difficulties but got there in the end!
We've also been working away on onboarding new brands on our website!
Keep your eyes peeled for what's to come in the next few months. We're sure that you guys will want to try out these newbies cos we definitely are excited to!
our latest obsession
Skin Crush - Brightening & Exfoliating Face Scrub + Mask
It's been a while since we've reach for this gem, but lately as we have had all the time in the world to really indulge in our skincare routine, she's come back into our lives and we have fallen in love with her all over again!
Why we love it:
- It lasts you AGES! One of these makes approximately 25 masks.
- It's efficient - an exfoliator and and mask in one!
- It's effective but super gentle and doesn't irritate your skin at all
- It never fails to leave our skin as smooth as a baby's bum and with a healthy radiant glow
- It's all natural and waterless which means it's preservative-free!
What's inside it?
- Kaolin & Pink Clay - assists in drawing out toxins and impurities as well as unclogging pores and restoring skin radiance
- Schisandra Berry - has skin soothing and moisturising properties.
- Acai Berry - helps brighten, firm and smooth while healing damaged skin as an antioxidant.
- Adzuki Bean powder - exfoliates the skin to provide a youthful looking complexion.
How does it work?
We know, she sounds complicated and intimidating because she's waterless and you need to DIY to make her work, but trust us - it's SO easy! And such a fun way to treat yourself.
- You'll need a bowl and spoon. We LOVE using the gorgeous Terrazzo Bowl & Spoon by Skin Crush - they're the perfect size.
- Mix 1-2 teaspoons of the mask powder with a dash of water in the bowl to form a thick paste (make sure all the powder is mixed in with the water).
- Apply the paste to your face in circular motions.
Tip: Use the back of the spoon to do this (it's like a mini face massage).
- Leave the mask on for 10 mins for until partially dry.
- Remove the mask with a warm washcloth. We love using Skin Crush's Cleanie Pad for minimal mess!
And now admire how bloody soft your skin feels and the GLOW! It's advised to use this 2-3 times a week but of course that is relative to you. We personally think once a week is totally fine. It's a great Sunday self-care activity.
Speaking of self-care...
our splendrous tips of the trade
ARE YOU REALLY SELF-CARING?
We see the word "self-care" being thrown around heaps, especially as of late, but what does self-care actually mean? And are you ensuring that you make time for self-care?
Self-care is the individual practice of health management without the aid of a medical professional. Yep, you're basically your own shrink and your own caretaker! It is SO important to make time for self-care so that you can manage the stressors in your life in order to maintain good health (physically and mentally), wellness, and to be able to take care of others. We all know that saying - if you can't learn to take care of yourself first, how do you expect to help others?
There are so many ways to practice self-care and we cannot provide definitive answers right here because they are so relative to you as an individual. We can absolutely share some helpful ways that we practice self-care:
- Move the body
This doesn't necessarily mean an intense 30 min HIIT workout. A simple 15 min walk outside can do wonders. Spending time in nature is really refreshing and can clear and re-set the mind. By moving the body, you also get your blood flowing which is great for your heart health.
This may take some time to master but once you do, you REALLY learn to spend time with yourself and to live in the present moment which a lot of people do not do with their busy schedules and 100 million things running through their mind.
Start with a 5 min guided meditation then work your way up to longer periods. We find that meditating always makes us feel grounded, calmer, grateful and peaceful.
Wait, what?! Chores = relaxation?! Hear us out..
When you have a clean house and garden, you'll feel so much happier. Less mess visually = better mind clarity. If we had our own reality TV show, you'll see us cleaning/organising every 5 minutes.
- Indulge in a 10-step skincare routine
Not only will your skin be feeling and looking amazing, your mind will also feel mighty fine. Really take this time to be present in each skincare step and do not rush! Every night, Este loves creating a more relaxing environment by turning off all the lights, lighting a candle, and playing spa music while she does her whole night time routine. It's a vibe.
Thank you thank you thank you if you've made it this far! We appreciate you and hope this made you smile today. We would also appreciate you more if you would be kind enough to share your thoughts on this blog and/or our brand by leaving a comment below. Or if you've tried any of the products from our store, we'd love if you could share your experience by leaving a review on our website! Until next time,